Are you ready to stop yelling and start relaxing and enjoying family life as you become the parent you want to be? To set REALISTIC and achievable goals that maximize change and enjoyment? To DROP THE GUILT and feel proud and empowered? To tap into your unique strengths, passions and abilities…and use them to raise happy, healthy children with total confidence?
The Skilled Parent is a 12 week, life transforming, one on one VIP coaching experience to give you the skills to be an evolved, engaged, empowered parent.
Do you feel overwhelmed with the tremendous responsibility of parenting? Do you look at other people and think that they have it so much more together than you? Do you just want to leave the house and go to a restaurant without the stress and worry of what their behavior is going to be? Do you want to parent your children so that they can become happy and productive adults?
I’m here to tell you, you can. My calling is to show other parents how to make it happen for themselves by putting in place the skills you need. By defining what values YOU find important for your family. By setting up for success. My previous clients will tell you.
“Working with Gwendolyn has reminded me why I wanted to be a mother. I can;t even remember the last time I yelled at my daughter! Thank you for making our home a place of calm and love!” – Single mother of 1
It doesn’t matter if my client is a celebrity, a stay at home mom, a VP in a Fortune 500 company, American, British, Australian, the result is always the same.
I know the questions that keep you up at night. Is the morning going to be chaotic again? Are the kids going to fight all day? Why do I have to shout to get attention? How do I talk so my kids listen? How do I help them through their problems without doing all the work for them? How do I keep my head from exploding when I’m sleep deprived and they are hitting every single one of my buttons? And even then, how could I make sure what I am doing is the best thing in the long term for my children?
May be you feel like Suzanne. Here is her story.
Beginning of week 1- I feel like all of the other mothers have it all together and I am a chaotic mess. My kids never listen. I get side eye at school pick up because I am always shouting at them. At home, I am exhausted. I yell at them. They yell at me. They yell at each other. The neighbors must think we’re crazy!
End of Week 4- I’m already seeing such a change. We left for school with no yelling for 3 days in a row. I’m starting to see more of the positive in what they do.
End of Week 12- I can’t believe we are the same people. We went out for a meal the other night and had an older couple come up tp us and tell us what a lovely family we were. Us!! I can’t even remember the last time I yelled. The kids are listening. Even my relationship with my husband has improved! Thank you so much for helping us be who we want to be!
I will share with you what led to this program. I was fretting and stressed and full of guilt for every decision I made. The same question kept me up at night. How can I be the best parent I can be?
That’s when I had my epiphany.
I changed the question and found the answer for me and for you. What you really need answered is so much more. You need to know:
You need to work with the end in mind while still being mindful of the amazing moments that happen along the way. Easy right? It can be.
At the moment, you are doing your best. I understand that you can feel frustrated, like a failure, angry, helpless. And why is that? It is because you are having to guess what the right thing to do is based on what your parents did or didn’t do, what you see others do, what your gut is telling you. You want so badly to get it right when sifting through the clutter of information whilst dealing with guilt and frustration and all of that is making you CRAZY!!
As a Skilled Parent you will learn that implementing the right skills consistently is the key to a calm, happy, joyful home. You will learn what to do plus how and when to do it. You will finally be able to drop the guilt and parent with a strategy that is loving, personal and effective.
So, what is the program all about?
It’s about tapping into your values and celebrating them with your family.
It’s about knowing how and when to talk to your kids.
It’s about knowing how to keep your cool and rise above the limitations of frustration and implementing the right skill for the right moment.
It’s about remembering the reason for all of it, your children.
- You are a parent, carer, grandparent, stepparent, or involved adult in a child’s life.
- You want to parent the right way to help your child succeed
- You are ready to change the way you think parenting should be
- You are frustrated by conflicting information on parenting the right way
- You are parenting siblings and want to foster a friendship for life
- You want to streamline routines and make leaving the house a breeze
- You want to help your children to become emotionally intelligent, building healthy lasting friendships
- Get out of the door stress free in the morning
- Move easily from morning to evening with confidence
- quit yelling, bribing and threatening
- strengthen the bond with your child in every interaction
- go out in public knowing that your children will behave with dignity
- make sibling friendships that last a lifetime
- streamline your life so that there is no rushing around or chaos
- hear “You have such a lovely family.” AND KNOW THAT IT”S TRUE!
Guess what. You can have all of this and more with my help!
Since this is a one on one program, your curriculum and learning is tailored to your needs. Whether you are a new parent, a single parent, a co-parent, whether you have 1, 2 or 10 kids.
- The EXACT skills you need to implement day by day
- The systems you’ll need to run a successful and stress free household
- How to construct family mission statement and value system that is right for YOUR family (Ours includes an appreciation for Doctor Who)
- Clarity on how to talk and listen to your children with love and respect on both sides
- Positive Parenting discipline techniques that take away the threats and yelling
- A plan that is bespoke to YOUR family and YOUR needs. (No Cookie Cutters Here!!)
- Your own family handbook!
- Skills that will help you coach your child through life’s hurdles
There is no better parent for your child than you. You just need the skills to put in place to be great at being perfect. This is why you are still reading. You want to have the skills to have a happier home for your family. You know that your family deserves nothing less.
Every family is special and unique. Your program will be just as special and unique as you are. Here are a few of the topics families have gained skills for:
Personalized Family Values
- Writing a mission statement
- Listing your values
- Outcome mindset
Successful Set up
- Rules and expectations
- What to chart
- Consequences vs Punishment
- Being an authority figure
Dealing with Outside Influences
- Making good friends
- Internet safety
- Fostering independence
- Peer pressure
- How much sleep?
- Successful bedtime routine
- Sleep and tears
Working With Emotions
- Emotion coaching
- When it’s ok to cry
- Should they be feeling this?
- It’s ok to still love who they are.
- Setting up for success
- Social Skills training
- The difference between a reason and an excuse
- When a child is in crisis
Keeping you in Check
- When and when not to engage
- When your buttons are pushed
- Staying in control when you are angry
Working with the school
- Meaningful parent/teacher conference
- When and how to advocate for your child
- School phobia and avoidance
- Effective homework support
- Help your children live in the moment
- Reduce screen time
- Increase attention span
Special Parenting situations
- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- Same sex parents
- Foster Care
- Co-parenting in different houses
- Help your children live in the moment
- Reduce screen time
- Increase attention span
- When and how to eat healthy
- Sugar addiction
- Changing the diet
Because I get you. I was a parent looking for the best way to raise my children. Even though I am a psychologist, a qualified teacher, and a therapist, I felt that there was more to parenting than data and behavior management. I surfed through books, websites, journals. Everything either seemed ridiculous or clinical. So many parenting books forget about the love that is needed to be a success or made me feel guilty or were pandering and had no real information at all.
I wanted more than that for my family.
I know that you do, too.
I take what I called the “Scientific with Love” approach to parenting. By looking at long term studies that showed happy successful outcomes and looking to the experts that could back up their techniques with more than just an opinion, I have developed a program that can adapt to any family.
I developed a program for helping families make realistic changes for success based on research and love. They were astonished at how quickly life changed for them. Children that were in constant melt down were able to engage with the family. One mother told me that for the first time, she was able to enjoy being her child’s mother.
I know that this is my calling. To give parents the skills they need to raise healthy, happy, confident children. You see, parents want to do it right. I know this. It’s just that no one gave us the handbook when they gave us the baby. That’s where I come in. I am here to help you write your handbook that is as unique as your own child.
- YOU WILL BOOK A FREE 30 MINUTE CLARITY SESSION WITH ME.
- WE WILL TALK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE, GET CLARITY ON YOUR NEEDS, YOUR FAMILY AND THE PARENT YOU DESIRE TO BE.
- DECIDE IF WE ARE A GOOD FIT TO WORK TOGETHER.
- YOU WILL INVEST IN YOUR COACHING PACKAGE, I WILL SEND A CUSTOMIZED CONTRACT AND WELCOME PACK THAT WILL GO EVEN DEEPER TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR FAMILY AND GET YOU MOVING FORWARD BEFORE WE EVEN BEGIN WORKING TOGETHER.
- WE SET UP A WEEKLY COACHING APPOINTMENT.
- DURING OUR MEETINGS WE TALK ABOUT THE ROAD TO YOUR GOALS, MAP OUT YOUR PLAN FOR THE WEEK, AND I PROVIDE GUIDANCE AND SKILLS TO IMPLEMENT WITH YOUR FAMILY LEADING YOU TO SUCCESS.
THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!
Weekly appointment with me
- 12 (75 minute) calls with me
- learning new skills to implement each week to lead your family towards success
- making supported decisions rather than drowning in a sea of conflicting information
- taking accountability and action to the next level
Unlimited Email Access
- while we are working together I’m at your disposal!
- response within 24 hours
- mid-week email from me for a refresher
Tailored for you Resources (No Cookie Cutters Here)
- Resources and sessions tailored to your exact needs to drive major improvements in your life
- Relevant content that speaks to you and your family
This is the time to free yourself and your family from nagging, yelling and chaos and set yourselves up for a lifetime of love and kindness. Your investment in your family will yield strong, confident, emotionally intelligent children that are able to realize their potential and become successful empowered adults.
When you invest your time in developing your parenting skill-set, you give your family happiness and success for a lifetime. What could possibly be worth more than that?
I only work with a few one on one clients at a time, so space is very limited.
I AM TAKING ON 5 NEW CLIENTS AT HALF PRICE TO CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF BUSINESS! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY NOW. ONLY
5 4 SPOTS LEFT!!
(Payment Plans Available Up To 3 Months)
Prices are valid through 5 September, 2017
Price increase as of 6 September, 2017
Are you ready to make the investment that will change your family’s life forever?
Send me an email. We will book a free 30 minute lazer clarity call to make sure we are a good fit.
I only work with 5 families at a time at this level to ensure they get the attention they need. This program will close when fully booked and a waiting list will become available.
I look forward to speaking with you about your family.